Our Feeds

Monday 14 March 2016

Ajith KP

Google Chrome freezes Desktop: An easy solution

Hi GuyZ,
     Few days before, I have installed RealTek sound along with some other drivers in my DELL Inspiron laptop. After that, when I open Google Chrome my desktop freezes and only the Google Chrome runs. I wasn't able to do anything other than browse using Chrome or open Task Manager and close the Chrome browser.

After close the Google Chrome, the desktop behaves normally. I have Googleized the problem and got too many solutions including deleting the Google Chrome user files, disabling plugins(including Flash Player plugin), etc. But none of these worked. So, at last I got a solution that, reset the Windows's `WINSOCK`.
To reset the winsock, you have to open a Command Prompt as Administrator. The steps are,

  1. Open a Command Prompt as Administrator.
  2. Enter the command `netsh winsock reset`
  3. Execute the command
Hope your problem will solved. Have a nice day.